If there’s one thing the COVID-19 pandemic has given many of us (aside from existential dread and anxiety, of course) is an even greater love of comfort foods. When it seems like the world is burning outside your window, sometimes all you can do is hunker down with some Netflix and some delicious snacks. Well, if you have a sweet tooth and are need of some new employment, you might be interested to know that there’s a company offering to pay you $30 an hour to eat candy all day long.
- Canadian sweets company Candy Funhouse needs taste testers. They’re looking for 10 people who have an interest in sugary snacks and who are willing to down quite a bit of candy in exchange for cold hard cash. They’re just about to launch their first branded candy and they need some help making sure they get it right. That’s where you come in.
- So what do you have to do? Yes, you have to eat candy, but it’s not that simple. You’ll be trying products from all around the world and giving feedback on it before finally narrowing down your options to 10 favorites. You’ll only need to write two-sentence descriptions of each candy you try, but you’ll also need to assess each product’s taste, texture, and quality.
- The pay is pretty decent too! The company is looking for two in-person taste testers who will be performing the job full-time in exchange for $30/hr. However, they’re also hiring eight remote taste testers to work from home on a part-time basis, and those lucky people will get $26/hr. Not too shabby!
- There are a few conditions you’ll need to meet to apply. You have to live in North America, for starters. Plus, you’ll need to be 18 or older and not have any food allergies. You’ll also need to be enthusiastic about candy and be willing to try all different kinds of products and flavors, so be bold. Assuming you meet those conditions, you’re good to go.
- You have until February 15 to apply, so get going. You can apply for the full-time position here and the part-time position here. Good luck!