Roald Dahl’s Matilda is one of the best and most beloved children’s books of all time, and the 1996 film adaptation starring Mara Wilson is a total classic. However, it’s also nearly 25 years old now and therefore rife for a remake, at least in Hollywood’s eyes. While many of the project’s details are up in the air, Killing Eve‘s Jodie Comer has apparently been tipped for the role of Miss Honey.
- Jodie Comer would make a perfect Miss Honey. Not only does she look the part, but she’s such a talented actress that she’s a shoo-in for the role in the Matilda remake. Of all the young actresses out there right now, Comer immediately comes to mind as a perfect fit.
- Apparently, Emma Stone is in the running for a role as well. It’s unclear what role (if any) the Matilda casting directors are imagining Stone for at all, but it’s rumored that she’s also a name floating around for a possible role in the movie. She could also potentially make a good Miss Honey, but I’m still gunning for Jodie Comer.
- Matilda: The Musical is an adaptation of Tim Minchin’s hit musical. If you’ve never been to see it on Broadway, in the West End, or anywhere else, you’re missing out. It’s an incredibly magical, joyful experience and was one of my very favorite shows I’ve ever seen. Turning it into a musical movie could be risky, but if Jodie Comer got the Miss Honey role, I’d be totally on board.
- The remake is part of Netflix’s upcoming Roald Dahl series. Back at the beginning of March, Netflix announced that they’d brought on Jojo Rabbit‘s Taika Waititi to helm two animated remakes of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and a wholly original take on the Oompa-Loompas.” However, they also teased that “Matilda, The BFG, The Twits, and many other beloved Dahl stories are set to follow soon!” It’s believed that Matilda will get a theatrical release before coming to Netflix, but again, this is all just hearsay at the moment.
- Please let this be true! Now that I’ve heard that Jodie Comer might be involved in the new Matilda movie, I’m obsessed with the idea. Make it happen!