Julia Fox and Kanye West only dated for a matter of weeks, but it was an extremely public relationship. The actress and Yeezy mogul were all over each other, and Fox herself provided media outlets with several provocative soundbites about their liaison. Well, she’s still not done talking about it now. In fact, Fox claims she only got with Ye because she wanted him to leave Kim Kardashian alone for a while.
Replying to @ged_baddie
- Of course Julia Fox wants to distance herself from Kanye West now. Given that his fortune has been more than halved in the wake of antisemitic comments he made (and doubled down on), he’s not necessarily someone you want to associate with. Maybe that’s what’s behind Fox’s decision to hit up TikTok with this so-called revelation.
- Fans called her out for dating Ye. In one TikTok video, Fox responded to a message from one user that read, “I just wish you weren’t dating a famously violent misogynist and antisemite.” The “Uncut Gems” star said she planned to tell all in an upcoming book she’s releasing but that she couldn’t keep quiet. “I was just going to write about it in my book, and have y’all buy it, but I’ll just tell you guys for free,” she said.
- Fox said West was “being normal around [her].” There was no hint of the disturbed West that’s currently in the public eye, in other words. However, she did recognize that he had issues she just couldn’t solve. “I realized pretty quickly that he wasn’t gonna take my help,” she explained. “I sounded almost as dumb as you guys saying I should have done something to stop him. But I know, I was delusional, I thought I could help him.”
- She hoped that by dating him, he might leave ex-wife Kim Kardashian alone for a while. Julia Fox also claimed she had an altruistic motive for getting with Kanye West: getting him to stop harassing Kim. “I had this thought. I was like, ‘Oh my god, maybe I can get him off Kim’s case. Maybe I can distract him, like just get him to like me,” she said. “I knew if anyone can do it, it’s me. When I set my mind to something, I do it.” That didn’t work very well, but it did get Fox a higher public profile, so it obviously wasn’t a total loss.
- Fox says she ended things with West when he started ranting on social media. She claims he never used Twitter or other social media networks when they got together. However, when he started ranting online, she dipped. “The moment he started tweeting, I was out,” she said.