Ozark star Julia Garner has been offered the role of Madonna in the singer’s upcoming biopic, Variety reports. A source close to the project says that while no contracts have been signed, Garner is expected to accept. Talk about perfect casting!
- Garner beat out more than a dozen other actresses for the role. An insider claims that while many other actresses were being considered to play Madonna, Garner has been the forerunner for months. Florence Pugh, Euphoria’s Alexa Demie, and Odessa Young were said to be in the running.
- The audition process was said to be intense. Because Madonna is such a talented singer and dancer, the audition process for her biopic was said to be “grueling” to ensure that whoever took the role would be up for the task.
- It’s unknown when production would begin. Little is known about when the Madonna biopic would begin shooting, nor have any other principal cast members beyond Julia Garner been revealed. It’s likely that more details will be available in the coming months.
- Madonna is involved in the project and is excited to share her life. In a statement, Madonna said that she hoped to “convey the incredible journey that life has taken me on as an artist, a musician, a dancer — a human being, trying to make her way in this world. The focus of this film will always be music. Music has kept me going and art has kept me alive. There are so many untold and inspiring stories and who better to tell it than me. It’s essential to share the roller coaster ride of my life with my voice and vision.”
- Madonna is a total legend, so this is bound to be amazing. Universal Filmed Entertainment Group chairman Donna Langley, who won the script for the biopic in a bidding war, described Madonna as “the ultimate icon, humanitarian, artist and rebel.” She couldn’t be more right, and if anyone could do Madonna justice, it’s Julia Garner.