When you get into a serious fight with your partner, it’s normal to get hurt, upset, and downright furious when emotions are running high. While physical violence is never the answer, 21-year-old Florida woman Katie Lee Pitchford apparently didn’t get that memo and she was arrested for squeezing her boyfriend’s testicles so hard that they bled.
Indian Harbour Beach Police Department
- It all started over a text. According to the arrest report, Pitchford’s boyfriend, Tyler Sweeney, became angry when he discovered that she’d texted an old friend asking for a date. The pair then got into a fight which ended in police arriving at the couple’s home in Indian Harbour Beach to find him bruised and bleeding.
- Pitchford insists she never got physical. Pitchford insisted that she never touched her boyfriend or lashed out physically, Sweeney told another story. He claims that Pitchford beat him “with her fists and scratched the left side of his face.” He also says that she tried to choke him, but he managed to get away from her in order to call the police.
- Oh yeah, there was the whole ball thing too… Sweeney claimed that his girlfriend had grabbed him “by his balls and squeezed them until they bled.” Ouch, talk about brutal. Not only that, but he denies that they were ever in a fight previous to the attack and instead insists that Pitchford came after him while he was asleep in bed for no reason.
- Unsurprisingly, Pitchford was arrested. She was charged with battery and also accused of violating probation stemming from separate charges. She was detained without bail by the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office pending a court date.
- Apparently, Sweeney still loves Pitchford… he just doesn’t want to be with her. Sweeney told The Daily Mail that while he “never felt a worse pain” than when Pitchford attacked him, he still cares about her and always will even though they’re not together anymore. “I love and care about her, but I hope there’s another good-looking woman out there who might be able to handle my junk a little easier,” he said. “My testicles have been through a lot.”
- He’s afraid the damage might be permanent. Sweeney said in the same interview that he still feels the effects of Pitchford’s attack, saying, “I know there’s something not right in there,’ Sweeney said. ‘It’s been feeling like it’s badly bruised. So far, I’ve been too embarrassed to go to the doctor. But it’s not been healing right, so I’ve got a doctor’s appointment to figure it out. I’m worried at this point I’ll never have children.” Given that this happened back in June, fingers crossed he’s OK and that Pitchford got the help she desperately needs.