Keanu Reeves is one of the best celebs working in Hollywood today. Not only is he in some pretty solid movies (for the most part) but he also genuinely seems like a good dude who’s well-liked by most of his peers and fans alike. That’s why it was such a relief to hear that he’d signed on for a fourth ‘Matrix’ movie despite having some reservations. Thankfully, a “beautiful script” is what pulled him back in.
- A new installment of ‘The Matrix’ will hit theaters in 2021. It feels like it’s been a long time coming — and in fact it has actually been 17 years since we last had a new Matrix movie to trip us out — but it’s finally happening! Assuming they’re able to safely get production up and running in the coming months, we should be seeing it sometime next year. Fingers crossed!
- Keanu Reeves was ready to walk away from his ‘Matrix’ days. It’s not that he didn’t love the franchise, just that he’d moved on to other projects and thought it was a thing of the past and that it wouldn’t ever be a possibility anyway. When it was, there was one criteria that had to be filled before he would say yes.
- Lana Wachowski was singlehandedly responsible for pulling Keanu Reeves back in. It was down to the script she wrote for the new Matrix movie that Reeves decided he had to be part of it. “Lana Wachowski wrote a beautiful script and a wonderful story that resonated with me,” Reeves said in an interview with Empire. “That’s the only reason to do it.”
- Even Carrie-Anne Moss thought ‘The Matrix’ was over. It’s not just Keanu Reeves who was surprised that another installment had been greenlit. “I never thought that it would happen,” Moss told Empire. “It was never on my radar at all. When it was brought to me in the way that it was brought to me, with incredible depth and all of the integrity and artistry that you could imagine, I was like, ‘This is a gift’. It was just very exciting.”
- Whenever it does come out, it’s going to be good. Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss back together again in The Matrix? Uh, yes please.