Keanu Reeves is undoubtedly one of the most beloved actors in Hollywood, and for good reason. He makes great movies and seems like a genuinely kind, humble, and awesome dude. He’s also the perfect choice for HBO’s new series A World of Calm, in which he’ll join several other A-List celebs to read calming bedtime stories that will put us straight to sleep.
- This is exactly what we need right now. HBO’s A World of Calm aims to “transport the viewer into tranquility through scientifically-engineered narratives, enchanting music and astounding footage, to naturally calm your body and soothe the mind,” which is perfect. With all the stress and worry that 2020 has brought our way, there’s never been a better time.
- Keanu Reeves isn’t the only big star in HBO’s new series. Reeves will be narrating one episode, and other episodes will be narrated by the likes of Nicole Kidman, Mahershala Ali, Cillian Murphy, Lucy Liu, and Zoe Kravitz. In other words, it’s going to be a good one.
- ASMR is finally coming to the mainstream. If you’re not familiar with ASMR, or autonomous sensory meridian response, it’s basically those weird, relaxing scalp tingles you get upon hearing a random sound like nails tapping on a hard surface or rain falling outside. Everyone’s “triggers” are different, but the fact that HBO is making a new series aiming to create a similar response, more people are about to be introduced to the concept.
- So what will the series be like? HBO’s 10-episode show “combines mesmeric imagery with narration by A-list stars” to make viewers feel totally chilled out. The show was conceived by the relaxation app Calm and Nutopia, which is the team behind the Nat Geo series One Strange Rock, Variety reports.
- Here’s hoping it provides us all with a little stress relief. “With the considerable amount of stress and chaos we are all experiencing at this particularly challenging time, we could all use a bit of guided relaxation and ‘A World of Calm’ is here to help,” said Jennifer O’Connell, executive vice president of non-fiction and kids programming for HBO Max. “With soothing imagery and tranquil narration, this is one HBO Max original that we hope becomes part of your daily routine.” No word on when it will premiere, but I can’t wait!