My birthday is April 6, which meant I marked the beginning of another year of life while under lockdown. There was no fancy dinner out with my family and friends, no celebration, nothing at all besides a bit of boredom and a few tears. Krispy Kreme feels the pain of having lost out on my one special day, however, which is why they’re offering free donuts to everyone who had a birthday in lockdown.
View this post on Instagram
Did you spend your birthday in lockdown? 🥳 If so, we have some tasty news – to celebrate the 83rd birthday of Krispy Kreme this week, we want to bring you smiles if you missed out on your celebrations! If your birthday was between 23rd Mar–3rd July, you can enjoy a complimentary Original Glazed doughnut on us with any purchase! Simply go into a Krispy Kreme store* with your ID and claim your birthday treat with a purchase, but hurry, offer ends Sun 19th July! Don’t forget to tag your friends/family – they can enjoy a tasty belated celebration too! Find your nearest store here > https://bit.ly/KKUKStores T&C apply, see below. *T&Cs: Offer only available in Krispy Kreme stores in the UK only. Not available in Ireland, Selfridges, Bentalls, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Moto, Universities, Welcome Break, Roadchef, Shell, EuroGarages, Center Parcs, Krispy Kreme mobile events, Krispy Kreme Occasions, and online orders. Buy any product (minimum value £1.55) and get a complimentary Original Glazed. Offer only available if you show valid ID with a birthday between the 23rd March and 3 July. The offer is available from the 13th to 19th July 2020, strictly subject to product availability, when they are gone they are gone! Limited to one redemption per person per transaction. Only one free Original Glazed doughnut can be redeemed per customer.
- This offer only applies in the UK. Since everyone’s lockdowns are different around the world, the free donut for your birthday deal is only available in the UK. Lockdown was in place from March 23 to July 3, so if you had a birthday in that time and you’re in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, or Scotland, you can get your free donut.
- You can’t pick the kind of donut you’d like. Don’t get any big ideas about picking up one of Krispy Kreme’s new special editions or anything. The free donuts are only Original Glazed, but considering they’re a total classic and really delicious AND it’s free, we’re not really in a position to complain here.
- It isn’t totally free. I mean, the donut itself is free, but you’ll have to make an additional purchase to get it. It doesn’t matter what else you buy — a coffee, another donut (you can never have just one!), whatever. The free birthday donut is available with any purchase of £1.55 or more.
- You’ll need to show ID. You can’t just waltz in and claim that your birthday happened during the lockdown. You’ll have to show some form of ID such as a driver’s license or a passport that shows your birthday in order to cash in. Frankly, I’d probably be too embarrassed to do all that so I’d just pay for the donut. I know, I’m lame!
- Either way, this is a pretty solid offer! “We started making our iconic Original Glazed doughnut from the USA in 1937,” said Richard Cheshire, CEO of Krispy Kreme UK and Ireland. “Ever since, we’ve always been committed to making people smile. For our birthday this year, we want to bring smiles to the millions of UK doughnut fans who feel like they missed out on celebrations this year by offering the joy of an Original Glazed treat on us!” Sounds good to me!