I feel like I can’t possibly be alone in feeling like donuts (or doughnuts, depending on your preferences) are life. From a simple old fashioned sour cream (unglazed, please!) to elaborately iced and filled Boston Kreme, I don’t discriminate when it comes to these delicious treats. If you feel the same, you’ll be pleased to know that Krispy Kreme released their holiday donut range and every single one of them sounds delicious.
- It’s officially called the Nicest Holiday Collection. Frankly, any holiday with donuts is the nicest to me, so this is a pretty apt title. The collection consists of three donuts, two of which are brand new for 2020 and the third being a returning fav. I’ll take one (or half a dozen) of each!
- First up, it’s the Festive Tree Doughnut. This one is a red velvet cake batter-filled donut that’s been dipped in cream cheese icing and decorated with a Christmas tree motif on top. Given that red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting are such a classically delicious combo, I love seeing it translated to donut form!
- The Present Doughnut sounds equally delicious. This one is a Sugar Cookie Kreme-filled donut that’s coated in green icing and then decorated with a lovely ribbon along with a sugar piece tag that reads “nice.” Yum!
- Finally, there’s the Santa Belly Doughnut. You’ll probably remember this one from last year, and now it’s back again! In case you haven’t tried it or simply don’t remember what it tastes like, it’s a Chocolate Kreme-filled donut that’s been dipped in red icing, topped with sugar, and then donated with a chocolate icing belt with a sugar piece at the buckle. YUM!
- The collection is available at all Krispy Kreme locations now! They’re available in limited-edition gift-wrapped box through Christmas Eve, December 24, so you’ve got a few weeks to fill yourself to the brim with yummy donuts.