I feel like there’s never a bad time for a sweet treat, but that’s definitely the case now that we’re in the midst of a global health crisis and largely confined to our homes. What better do we have to do than eat our weight in sugary goodness? In other words, Krispy Kreme’s new key lime, lemon, and strawberry-filled donuts came at the perfect time.
- These are the perfect spring flavors. Krispy Kreme is right on trend here with the flavors, because lime, lemon, and strawberry are perfect for the change of seasons. The days are longer, the sun is brighter, and the weather is just a bit warmer. In other words, these donuts are a wonderful teaser for summer.
- Krispy Kreme is rolling the donuts out one at a time. One new flavor will be available every week from Tuesday through Friday, starting with Strawberry. Sadly, that means you won’t be able to try all of them at once. However, I’m not against the idea of prolonging the donutty goodness, so I’ll take it.
- We’re actually kinda getting six new Krispy Kreme donuts rather than three. This is because while there are only three new flavors, each of those flavors comes in two varieties: one glazed in the specific flavor and the other glazed and filled with a flavored cream. I’m not complaining!
- They’re launching on April 28, so there’s not long to wait now! Strawberry Krispy Kreme donuts will be available from April 28 through May 1, while you can grab Key Lime between May 5-8 and Lemon from May 12-15.
- You don’t even have to leave the house if you don’t want to! In case you forgot, Krispy Kreme recently launched nationwide delivery, so if you don’t feel like ordering online for curbside pickup, you can choose to have your tasty treats delivered right to your door, no pants required. I think I know what I’ll be doing next week!