Halloween is less than a month away now, and while stores released their trick or treat candy weeks ago, a lot of restaurants and other food and beverage retailers are only just getting in the seasonal spirit. In fact, Krispy Kreme has new Scary Sweet Monster Doughnuts (Donuts, if you’re more casual) just in time for Halloween, and they look so good!!
- Frank Monster Doughnut is first up. Inspired by Frankenstein, this little ball of joy is filled with Original Kreme, covered in green icing, and decorated with icing, sprinkles, and bolts made of pretzel pieces. Yum!
- There’s also Drake Monster Doughnut. Because Dracula is the world’s most famous vampire, he’s got loads of raspberry filling and is topped in light purple icing. The decoration of icing and sugar pieces really complete the vampire look and feel.
- Wolfie Monster Doughnut might be my favorite. I do love a chocolate donut, I can’t lie. We’ve got an Original Glazed doughnut covered in chocolate icing and decorated to look like a werewolf with Chocolate Kreme, sugar pieces, and cinnamon sugar cereal ears. Ugh, it sounds so good!
- The new donuts will be available on October 5. That’s still plenty of time for Halloween donuts! All Krispy Kreme locations will be selling the new creations as well, so they should be pretty easy to track down!
- Krispy Kreme is also doing a “Sweet-or-Treat” Saturdays special. That means every Saturday between October 10 and Halloween, you can get a dozen for $1 with the purchase of any dozen donuts at full-price. I don’t know what you’ll do with two dozen donuts, but I fully support eating every one of them.