When you’re dating a guy and think things might get serious, a sense of humor is a must. Regardless of whether or not he’s outrageously good-looking, he’s got to be able to make you LOL just a little bit, otherwise, he can GTFO.
- Life is meant to be enjoyed. If you can’t have a bit of a laugh or share a joke with your S.O., the reality is that you’re going to live one hell of a long life together. After all, being able to have fun and have a laugh is the very essence of living and will keep you afloat when life throws the hard stuff your way. Sure, you have other loved ones in your life that you can probably rely on for a giggle, but you’ll be spending a lot of time with just your guy in future. It’s so important to find someone who makes that time light-hearted and enjoyable, otherwise, what’s the point of being with him?
- It’s all about those #PositiveVibes. You don’t need negative energy in your life or even people who don’t add any positivity. Laughter equals positivity—and who doesn’t love those #PositiveVibes? Laughter also releases endorphins in the brain. There’s a reason why they say that “laughter is the best medicine”, so why not be with a man who’s your own personal laughter drug. It’ll certainly make things more interesting.
- Humor immediately makes a guy more attractive. It’s a well-known fact that females use humor to judge the genetic suitability of a mate. Ever heard of the saying “he can laugh you into bed”? Well, according to science, we ladies are more attracted to a man who can make us giggle on a regular basis. Women have evolved in this life to appreciate good humor and men have evolved to produce it. It’s as simple as rice and peas.
- Laughter provides you with a stronger bond. If he makes you LOL until you cry, as the relationship progresses, you tend to develop a series of private jokes exclusive to you guys. These private jokes are great for bonding and often make you burst into a fit of giggles as soon as one of you begins to reference one. Having private jokes together is imperative as you can both use them throughout your relationship whenever you need to lighten the mood.
- Looks aren’t everything. It’s no secret that if you guys end up being together until you’re old and grey, you’ll reach a point where you won’t care what your guy looks like. Looks fade. The fact of the matter is: he’s not going to be young and handsome forever. Sorry, girl, but that’s the truth. However, if he can make you laugh, who cares? It will give you life no matter what age you are.
- He can cheer you up when you’re down. Whenever you’re feeling grumpy or fed up AF, if your S.O. has the ability to make you smile, you’ll be just fine. A lot can be said for a guy who can instantly make you feel better and naturally make you laugh just by being him. #Keeper
- You talk more than you have sex. Obviously in the average relationship, you tend to talk more than you get down and dirty. (Unless you’re purely hookup buddies—no judgment.) If he’s got good conversational skills, then this is everything. Having good chat and being able to LOL together connects you more on an emotional level rather than just physical. So who’s up for hopping aboard the banter brigade?
- Laughing a lot is so good for you. Like I mentioned earlier, laughter releases those feel-good chemicals in the brain which instantly boost your mood. The more your guy makes you LOL, the more endorphins you’ll release, and the happier you’ll be. And who doesn’t want to be happier in life?
- Life is too short. You’ve got to be able to have a few laughs while you can, right? You’ve only got one life and you need to live it up while you can. Otherwise you can end up being miserable for all eternity—and where’s the fun in that? Funny guys, come at us.