Yes, landlords are the devil, generally speaking, but they’re not all terrible. Some are legitimately honest, hard-working people who won’t gauge you for ridiculously high rent and leave you living in squalor/kick you out for asking them to fix things that are broken. Sometimes they get screwed over too, like in the case of this abandoned apartment that the landlord found in an absolutely horrific state.
- The apartment is filled with all kinds of trash, dirt, and grime. In a video posted to YouTube by Merry Sweet Home, an apartment that appears to be somewhere in Asia is littered with old food and food packaging, cigarette packets, drinks bottles, and more. The previous occupant clearly didn’t care about cleanliness!
- The place had turned into a landfill. While it might seem easy enough to sweet up a mountain full of trash, it’s not that simple. Because the garbage left behind contained food and liquid in many cases, a lot of it had leaked onto the floors beneath and had been sitting there for god knows how long!
- In addition to dirt, there was also mold and mildew. Because the trash had been sitting for so long, bacteria had begun to grow and the apartment required a seriously deep clean to be able to be habitable again. It was a serious undertaking for the landlord, for sure!
- Eventually, they were able to get the apartment spic and span. After a really thorough cleaning that included scrubbing of floors, walls, and other surfaces, the landlord and their cleaning team managed to get the place sparkly and new. After their work was done, it looked absolutely spotless!
- The amount of work they did and the grime they removed is impressive. The video shows squeegees being used to remove layers upon layers of dirt and grime from floors, countertops, and even sinks. It’s amazing to see how different things look when they’re clean again and all of that filth is gone.
- Hopefully, the landlord is careful about who they rent to in the future! While you can never really tell what a tenant will be like, you can’t help but think there may have been some warning signs that the previous occupant wasn’t very stable. Of course, things happen and people who were once fine do start to struggle sometimes, but this is a terrible thing to be left with. It must have cost a lot of money and taken a long time to get the apartment back into good, working order.