Don’t get me wrong, I love spending time with you, I do — but sometimes a girl just needs her space. I’m sure you can understand that I have other things to do in my free time besides being with you, right?
- You’re important, but my career is important too. I know you can’t get enough of me, and I can’t really blame you for that because I’m pretty awesome. But I have goals and deadlines to meet, and I can’t let love get in the way of reaching my dreams.
- I have other priorities. My life doesn’t — and shouldn’t — revolve around you. I’m not saying you’re not high up on my list of priorities, you just don’t always happen to be at the top of that list.
- Sometimes I just need alone time. There will be days that I can’t deal with anyone, including you. Please don’t take it personally. I just need some time to relax and focus on myself so I can recharge.
- I don’t want to be attached at the hip. How do you expect me to function if you’re glued to my side? Ugh. I don’t want to be that vomit-inducing couple who can’t keep their hands to themselves in public.
- My girl time is sacred. Aside from the fact that I don’t have many girl friends, the few I have are also super busy and hardly have time to hang out. So when I get the chance to see them, I don’t need you tagging along.
- Being the only girl at guys’ night is awkward af. Just like I prefer to hang out with my girls on my own, I would rather you hang out with the guys on your own sometimes too. I don’t mind you doing your own thing. In fact, I encourage it.
- I like to do me. And I will let you do you. For example, me just hanging out with my cat and binging on Netflix for a night while you sit at home and play Xbox with your friends is totally cool.
- I’m not insecure at all. I don’t worry that you going out to bars without me will end in you cheating on me, so it’s okay if I don’t go too. Go out and have fun – I don’t need to babysit you.
- Independence is a good thing. Realize that, and learn to depend a little less on me being on your arm 24/7, and depend a little more on yourself.