If you’re not busy this weekend, I highly recommend getting yourself down to Fort Myers, Florida for some cheesy goodness. No, I don’t mean cheesy as in lame—I mean actual cheese because the Festival of Mac & Cheese is happening!
It’s for one day only, so time is of the essence.
Admittedly, given that the festival is happening on July 14, you don’t have much notice to hightail it down south in time for some delicious pasta. However, if you live closeby or even in Fort Myers, run don’t walk to be first in line (and to burn some calories since you’re going to eat your weight in mac & cheese soon).
It coincides with National Mac & Cheese Day Why July 14th?
Well, it’s only a national holiday—National Mac & Cheese Day, that is. It’s only right that we show respect for the sharp cheddars, gooey bries, and creamy goudas that will sacrifice themselves for sake of greater mac, right?
This is no Kraft affair.
Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love that little blue box, but the Festival of Mac & Cheese is a little more artisanal than that. The Millennial Brewing Company, which is hosting the event, promises that there will be plenty mac as well as “even more vendors, a macaroni and cheese competition, and some of the best chefs and food trucks in the area.” I’m sold!
It’s going on for seven hours, so go hungry.
The festival starts at noon and will keep going until 7 p.m., so if you’re going, you should probably have a light dinner on Saturday night and arrive hungry on Sunday. There’s no limit to what kind of mac & cheese concoctions the chefs will come up with and you’ll want to make sure there’s room in your belly to try every single one.
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
Share this article now!