A woman on TikTok says she was demoted from being maid of honor at her best friend’s wedding after a serious drama over bachelorette party plans. Lauren, who posts as @lobro15, said she had concerns over the fact that the bachelorette party alone would cost each person who went $1,000. It all went downhill from there.
- Lauren first shared the drama back in June. The initial clip was viewed 4.2 million times and laid out the general gist of what happened. “Being MOH and telling the bride you don’t know if you or others can spend $1,000+ on her Bachelorette party,” she wrote in the video. “Demoted to bridesmaids, [then] uninvited from the wedding and blocked on everything.” Clearly, everyone wanted to know the full story after seeing that!
- Who has that kind of money to spend on someone else’s party? Lauren expressed her feelings about the costs after her friend shared her plans. She surveyed the other women in the wedding party and discovered that most responded that they only wanted to spend $300 to $500. “[I told her] it might be out of budget where she wants to go,” Lauren recalled. “She tells me that if people were her friends, they would be willing to spend this amount of money to spend time with her.” The bride asked her if she wanted to step down as maid of honor before taking the decision out of her hands and uninviting her from the wedding before blocking her on all social media accounts.
- She opened up about what happened in detail in an update video. In the new clip, Lauren revealed that the expensive bachelorette party had taken place, and the bride herself had made a snide joke about the cost, posting a photo of balloons that read “1K” and captioning it: “Thankful for my friends who spend 1k+ to be at my Bach.” Damn, this woman is really a Bridezilla!
- Lauren found it hilarious but perplexing. As Lauren said after showing the rude photo from the bachelorette party: “So while I do find this hilarious, I have to say I’m slightly confused because you did switch locations and you did drive somewhere to save money on the flight costs, which was $400 to $500.” In any case, she’s extremely glad she’s no longer friends with this woman.
- Is this really what bachelorette parties have come to? While everyone knows weddings are extremely overpriced, now bachelorette parties are following suit? It should be about hanging out with friends and celebrating a new phase of life, but now it’s about outdoing everyone else with the most extravagant party. “Bachelorette parties have become so out of hand. Remember when it used to just be a fun night out with friends without a financial commitment,” one person responded to Lauren’s video. However, another had a different perspective, writing: “To be honest – 1k is the minimum for a bach these days. I’ve been to & planned multiple, that’s just what it costs for hotel, flights, food anywhere.” Yikes!
#greenscreen copying is the highest form of flattery 😇 #bacheloretteparty #bridezilla #weddingdrama #weddingtiktok #wedding #weddingtok #bachparty #messytiktok #bachelorette #maidofhonor #bridesmaid #kickedout #drama