A conservative social media commentator and general ignoramus named Ethan Schmidt has yet again made himself look like an idiot, this time by busting into a PetSmart store and demanding employees remove a Pride flag. In case you’re not familiar with Schmidt (and let’s be honest, what well-adjusted, decent person is?), he’s previously said he would “hunt” anyone who supports the LGBTQIA+ community in a video from May this year. In other words, he’s reckless. Anyway, I digress… onto the story!
PetSmart manager stands up to Kari Lake supporter Ethan Schmidt, kicks him out of the store for harassing employees over a pride flag. pic.twitter.com/YGvFMG4cU9
— PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 (@patriottakes) July 22, 2022
- The 24-year-old decided to harass PetSmart employees recently. He filmed himself heading into a store and going on at people who worked there — again, this is a pet store — about how they must take down the flag because it “offends [him] greatly]. Hateful jackasses like Schmidt offend me, as it turns out. Thankfully, PetSmart employees refused.
- Schmidt even tried to get the manager involved. This guy is so self-righteous that he believed since the employee wouldn’t take the flag down, the manager certainly would! After all, what business owner wouldn’t cow to an entitled, bigoted white dude who comes busting into the store spewing hate? “Yeah that stuff is satanic, we can’t be having that, especially at PetSmart,” Schmidt tells the manager.
- The manager let Schmidt know in know uncertain terms that the company and the store employees support the LGBTQIA+ community. Not satisfied with this answer, Schmidt responded: “You support pedophilia and child sexualization? Because that’s what that stands for, you know? You’re sexualizing kids with that flag man? I’m very offended and I would like for it to be taken down. Respect the customers […] and please take it down.” I… what?! Wow, the idiocy is real.
- Schmidt is then asked to leave the store. Another employee joins the manager and they let Schmidt know that if he didn’t want to go willingly, the police would gladly escort him out. Eventually, he left.
- People online are flooding PetSmart’s socials with love. “Give these employees a raise – they did you proud!” one person wrote. Another suggested: “Serious props to that manager at the end – that says volumes about Petsmart and their values, I’ll be happy to keep shopping there. :)” A third expressed their appreciation more directly, commenting: “Thank you @PetSmart for supporting the LGBTQIA+ community!”
This guy is my new hero lol. The younger employees are all polite and he’s like “I’m not here for your bullshit, gtfo” 🤣 pic.twitter.com/lb6lhOfyWb
— Viva Las Bori ♥️🇵🇷 (@topazruby) July 22, 2022
That’s how you stand up to bullies❗️ pic.twitter.com/7hOzCI9Qjd
— Cruz Thomas #IStandWithUkraine 🇺🇸 🇺🇦🌎 🐶🌄💉 (@realCruzThomas) July 22, 2022
“shame on Petco”
– This is PetSmart lol
— Aaron StJohn (@AaronandCricket) July 22, 2022
“Can you take down your Pride flag? I want you to take it down. It is Say-tanic and I am greatly offended by it.”
“Sir, this a PetSmart.” pic.twitter.com/6eUKPkDXiG
— People Are People (@FantasyLeftover) July 22, 2022
I love the first manager’s “Thank you for coming in and sharing that” and the genuine disdain on the face of the second manager. @PetSmart should be proud of how these employees handled this.
— Susan Szil (@susanszil) July 22, 2022