A Canadian man was killed in a freak accident at a McDonald’s drive-thru window in Vancouver. The unnamed customer was said to have opened his door to pick something up that he’d dropped from the window while paying. However, as he opened the door, the car rolled forward, trapping him between the door and the frame, Vancouver Police said.
Emergency responders arrived on the scene quickly but were unable to save him. As Police Constable Tania Visintin said in a news release: “Efforts were made by first responders to revive the man, but tragically, he died on the scene. This is an absolutely heartbreaking scenario. Our deepest condolences go out to the family and friends of this man.”
The incident was caught on surveillance video. Police have video of the incident but are still encouraging any other customers with dashcam footage or any eyewitnesses to come forward with information.
No other vehicles were involved in the tragic accident. As Visintin told 680 News, the accident was rare in that it involved no other cars. “Usually when we hear about a fatal motor vehicle accident it [is] usually, typically a crash with another vehicle. So the fact that no other vehicle was involved … this seems like a freak accident.”
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
Share this article now!