A man who married a 32-year-old woman when he was only 15 opened up about his experience. The TikTok user, who goes by Chazonator, posted a video to his channel in which he admitted it took him a while to realize the situation wasn’t just wrong but completely abusive.
Replying to @coconstrider When I uploaded my true story about getting married at age 15 to a 32 year old woman I never dreamed it would go viral. The followers questions are: Did my wife have kids? When did I realize my marriage was actually SA? My answers were honest as always. #married #child #SA #boy #abuse #qna #question #answer #chazonator #response #fyp #fypシ
- The woman he married already had two children of her own. However, it wasn’t until at least a month after he married her that he realized he was being used and abused by his wife.
- Chazonator answered viewer questions in a TikTok video. People were fascinated by his experience and wanted to know more. Particularly, they were interested in how he got out. “It probably took me about a month after we got married to realise that this was starting to feel like SA [sexual abuse], and by that I mean that it wasn’t something I wanted to keep doing,” he explained.
- The woman would force him to have sex multiple times a day. Chazonator recalled that the woman was “very active [sexually]. She used me like a toy, like up to five times a day. I just got tired. I was exhausted, and I couldn’t keep up with her drive. Anytime I would tell her no, I’d never hear the end of it.” He went on to say that he lost himself in the situation, adding: “”It became very clear to me that in order to keep her happy, I was going to have to sacrifice every ounce of energy within my soul. She just smothered me.”
- While he was emancipated legally, he had no way to support himself. This meant he was overly reliant on his wife to support him. “I quit school, I worked in tobacco for cash. I brought in as much money as I could. It was never enough. I was financially dependent on her. She had children. I could not stay there. I felt guilty. I had to get out,” Chazonator recalled on TikTok.
- He dealt with a lot of trauma after the relationship. Chazonator admitted that his relationships after that one really struggled due to what he went through. “Honestly, it took me many years to realise how severely this SA affected me and my ability to have relationships with other people,” he explained. “It didn’t make me bisexual, but it definitely made it more difficult for me to have a relationship with a woman for quite a while after that. It took me literally decades to process the SA that she performed on me and to see it for what it was.”
If you’ve been affected by sexual abuse or coercion and want to speak to someone about your experience, contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-656-4673. The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.