Every year, I wait (im)patiently for the return of McDonald’s Shamrock Shake. Sure, I don’t mind the regular vanilla shakes, but if I’m ordering dessert with my food, I tend to go for the Oreo McFlurry when that deliciously minty concoction is on offer. Well, now it seems like we’re getting the best of both worlds since the fast-food giant is offering an Oreo Shamrock McFlurry in time for St. Patrick’s Day!
- The normal Shamrock Shake is going nationwide this year. In 2020, McDonald’s Shamrock Shake will be available at all McDonald’s locations around the country for the first time since 2017. Thank goodness for that! From February 19, no matter where you are in the US, you’ll be able to take part in this delicious tradition, Delish reports.
- The Oreo Shamrock McFlurry will be available the same day. Just because McDonald’s is so good to us, they decided to up the ante on the Shamrock Shake love this year and make it in McFlurry form, adding Oreos to really take the deliciousness over the top. I won’t know which dessert to order when I’m there!
- Buzz about this concoction began last fall. Starting last September, a few people noticed that McDonald’s was testing an Oreo Mint McFlurry in certain locations. This got everyone wondering if an Oreo Shamrock McFlurry could be forthcoming, and it seems like the conspiracy theorists were right!
- Just the description sounds tasty. You don’t have to be too imaginative to figure out what McDonald’s is bringing with the Oreo Shamrock McFlurry: vanilla soft-serve with Shamrock flavoring and Oreo pieces. Yes, please!
- They’ll be available for a limited time only, so you’ll have to be quick. There’s always a rush to down as many Shamrock Shakes as possible when they come around every year, and now it’ll be the same thing with the Oreo Shamrock McFlurry. While you shouldn’t eat McDonald’s multiple times per week, a little dessert never hurt anyone, right?