You’re not high maintenance, you just have high standards and guys usually fail to meet them. You have self-respect, self-worth, and you value your time, which is why most dating apps have been so disappointing. Cove is a new app that aims to do things a bit differently—here’s what you need to know.
- When guys swipe right on you, they’re truly interested. Who wants to be another thoughtless right swipe? On other dating apps, a right swipe doesn’t really mean much other than that a guy thought you were hot. On Cove, guys are more selective with their swiping since they only have a limited number of invites per month. If he chooses you, he really means it.
- Lazy guys are automatically weeded out. Lazy men seem to be everywhere. Why get in touch if they don’t plan on following through? It’s obnoxious, which is why Cove created different levels of communication that require his effort. If he doesn’t make a move, the match disappears.
- This is NOT a hookup app. While other dating apps are rife with people looking for quick hookups, Cove is all about uncovering chemistry first through deeper and more meaningful forms of communication. In other words, they’re trying to find you a relationship, not a one-night stand.
- You’ll waste way less time. Time is a luxury, so you obviously want to avoid bad dates. With Cove‘s three shots at chemistry in 10 days, you basically date before the date, so to speak. This will help you screen the guy you’re talking to and see if it is worth meeting him IRL. If it’s not, it’s on to the next one.
- You can sit back and let the guys come to you. You should be living your best life, not wasting it in a sea of endless swiping. In Cove, guys approach you first. From there, it’s your choice on whether you’d like to entertain their invite. It’s a refreshing change.
- You’re way less likely to meet any freaks. Nobody likes surprises when it comes to online dating, especially when the situation is uncomfortable or even downright dangerous. Cove verifies all guys (via LinkedIn or Instagram) to make sure they are who they say they are.
- You can take the conversation to the next level. Fewer mindless conversations, more in-depth talks to help you get to know the person you’re talking to. Cove advances the depth of conversation from text to audio and then to video, all within the app. This way, you get a better sense of his personality before giving out your personal information.
- Profanity and obscene language? No thanks. Cove uses content moderation software so profane messages are limited from hitting your inbox. In other words, you can open your messages without worrying that you’ll have an onslaught of curse words.
- A portion of the app’s proceeds go to charity. Why not share the love? Cove donates a portion of their earnings to the favorite charities of their active female members. Every little bit helps, right?
- You can rack up loyalty perks. Cove has loyalty perks to thank you for your time spent on the app. The more active you are on Cove, the more perks you unlock. Credit for drinks, dinners, hotels, flights, anyone? Yes, please.
Apply here to be a member of Cove. If you use referral code BOLDE and you get approved for membership, you will get awarded automatically with 5000 loyalty points. Membership is free for women, so why not give it a try?