Men with deep voices are said to be more likely to be unfaithful in relationships, according to new research. The study of 116 men and 145 women out of Southwest University in Chongqing, China discovered that more “masculine” men were more likely to cheat than their more “feminine” counterparts, Sky News reports.
How was the research conducted? The participants, all with an average age of 20, were asked questions to determine their attitudes towards commitment and monogamous relationships. Their voices were also measured based on pitch. The two factors were compared to make a determination.
The results were pretty clear. “Our findings demonstrated that masculine men are more likely to engage in infidelity and commit less to their romantic relationships compared with feminine men,” the researchers concluded in the results published in the medical journal Personality and Individual Differences.
The same couldn’t be said for women. Incidentally, the study found no link between the depth of women’s voices and their likelihood to cheat or remain faithful. Researchers believe this may have something to do with increased testosterone levels in men, which leads to deeper voices that women may find more attractive. However, this is simply a hypothesis.
To be honest, it makes sense. “Testosterone and the characteristics dependent on testosterone can be reliable indicators of quality-dependent conditions or behaviors…therefore, men with higher testosterone levels, and hence lower voices, may have more infidelity behaviors or less commitment to their romantic relationship,” the researchers wrote. Of course, this isn’t true across the board, but if there’s enough of a pattern there to be significant, it’s interesting to know.
Of course, more research is needed in this field. In the end, it’s impossible to predict how an individual will behave simply based on their voice, especially since this will never be uniform across the board. However, it’s a fun study that’s interesting to consider!
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
Share this article now!