Sex, even when it’s only mediocre, is pretty good. Sure, your partner may not get you off every single time but it (hopefully) feels good and is a great way to be intimate. In other words, there aren’t too many downsides to sex. Still, nearly half of millennials would give it up altogether for one particular thing: Amazon.
- Sex < shopping on Amazon, I guess. According to a survey by the Max Borges Agency of 1,108 millennial Americans, a crazy 44% of them would happily give up sex for a year if it meant they could shop on Amazon to their hearts’ content. If you love bargains more than orgasms—and who doesn’t?—that kinda makes sense.
- An even greater majority would give up booze. An insane 77% of millennials said they’d pick Amazon over alcohol. Incidentally, Amazon’s profit margins would probably go way down since we’re all guilty of making a few drunk purchases that turn up at our doors a few days later and come as a total surprise.
- There’s no place off-limits when it comes to shopping. We don’t just hit up Amazon when we’re looking for something specific, but 61% do it in the middle of the night, 57% do it at work, 47% do it while on the toilet (guys, this is intense!), 38% do it while on vacation, 24% do it while grocery shopping (???), 15% while exercising, and a shockingly low 19% do it while drunk. In other words, we’re on Amazon 24/7.
- Roughly half of millennials are on Amazon at least once a day. That’s 45% of us, for the record. Who really needs to buy something every single day? To be fair, the survey doesn’t specify that we’re making purchases every single time we visit the site/app, but still, we may have a shopping problem.
- But back to the sex thing for a minute. Were the respondents being a bit tongue-in-cheek when claiming they’d give up sex for Amazon or were they single/not seeing anyone and figured they had nothing to lose? Who knows, but if I’m being totally honest, I can’t say I disagree with them…