Is it weird to call a plant “cute”? If so, oh well because succulents ARE cute. However, just when you thought they couldn’t get any better, miniature succulents had to go and be a thing and totally blow their bigger siblings out of the water (though to be honest, I still love both equally).
- Wait, miniature succulents are a thing? Well, kind of. In reality, what looks like a baby succulent is actually a cutting from a larger plant. Most succulents can be propagated from these small trimmings, so in a way it kind of acts like a seedling to grow your own bigger ones, if that makes sense.
- They are super adorable in their own right, though. Some Etsy sellers have realized how precious these little babies can be and have put together a mixed selection of baby succulents in a single pot for ultimate sweetness. For instance, Queen of Succulents has this gorgeous mixture of 12 different varieties that I just love. You can either keep them as is or, using proper planting and growing techniques, build a larger collection yourself, eventually making more of your own babies!
- They make adorable party favors. Do you have a wedding, baby shower, or other gathering coming up? What if you put miniature succulents at place settings as a little gift for the people who were attending? Stellar Plant House wraps them in burlap for a rustic touch and they look amazing!
- Miniature succulents will make the perfect addition to your plant collection. For instance, imagine putting a little pot of 15 babies on your work desk or the bookshelf in your living room? ITWINZ has a really colorful mix that would look great pretty much anywhere you want to put it. Hey, what about in a crocheted llama planter?
- Mini succulents for the win! The big guys are pretty cool too, but there’s something extra precious about the little ones. Look after them well!