The body of a 23-year-old missing pregnant woman was found in her boyfriend’s kitchen freezer in San Angelo, Texas. Selena Ann Bradley, who was expecting her third child, went missing last month. However, police found her body just a few days later wrapped in a blue plastic tarp in the freezer at the home of her boyfriend, 39-year-old William James Martinez, KTXS reports.
- The cause of Bradley’s death is still under investigation. It was too early to tell what exactly killed Bradley, but a preliminary examination noted bruises on her neck and face that were consistent with being “struck and assaulted,” according to authorities. Official autopsy results are forthcoming.
- A witness claimed Martinez basically admitted the murder. Police say that a friend of Martinez told them that the suspect previously admitted that “he had done something terrible and he would go to prison for life.” Martinez is said to have revealed during the same conversation that there was a body hidden in his freezer.
- Martinez tried to escape arrest. Police were able to track him to a carwash in Abilene but instead of coming with them peacefully, he instead led authorities on a high-speed chase. While the car was later found crashed in a field in Hamlin, Martinez was nowhere to be found. Thankfully, he was located the next day.
- He was eventually arrested for Bradley’s murder. He was booked into Jones County Jail and held on $1 million bond. No word on the motive for his crime, but more information may be available in the coming months.
- A GoFundMe page has been set up for Bradley’s two other children.