A Brazilian model who married herself in a lavish ceremony only 90 days ago is filing for divorce. While Cris Galêra was prepared to be her own soulmate for the rest of her life, the 33-year-old has since changed her tune since she “fell in love the moment I met someone more special.”
Galêra’s celebration of sologamy was an event to behold. She exchanged vowels with herself at a São Paulo Catholic church, leaving many passers-by wondering what happened to the groom. It seems to be a match made in heaven, but alas, it’s not to be.
She’s undergone a serious change of heart over the past three months. “I was happy while it lasted, I started to believe in love the moment I met someone more special,” she explained, as per Infobae. “I reached a point where I matured, I realized that I am a strong and determined woman. I was always afraid of being alone, but I realized that I needed to learn to feel good about myself. When that happened, I decided to celebrate it.”
Galêra had lost her hope in men. At the time of her wedding, she told the New York Post that she believed men “have a hard time being faithful or staying with just one woman.” So, she decided to celebrate her self-love and hoped to “inspire other women to boost their self-esteem.”
The divorce hasn’t gone through just yet. Galêra has some other things to accomplish before the divorce. Mainly, she’s going to London in December to celebrate her honeymoon and then has a nude photoshoot planned with Playboy before going topless at the 2022 carnival in São Paulo.
She’s actually excited to be single now. While she did indeed meet someone more special than herself after her marriage, it seems she’s now back to playing the field. This time, however, she’s happy and hopeful about it. “I’m excited to be single again. Marrying ourselves is different, right? It was a wonderful experience, you have to love each other. I’m a scorpion, I do whatever I can,” she said.
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
Share this article now!