An overexcited mom faceplanted during a parents’ race at her daughter’s school sports day and ended up mooning the entire crowd in the process. Katie Hannaford, 36, was simply trying to win the race when she accidentally tripped and gave the crowd quite a show.
- Hannaford’s 8-year-old daughter convinced her to take part in the race. The girl was desperate for her mom to participate, though something tells me she may be living to regret that decision now!
- The whole thing was caught on video. The school, in Basildon, Essex, UK, shows Hannaford lining up with other parents as the crowd cheers. The race starts off well enough, but a few seconds later, the overexcited mom trips and falls headfirst onto the field with her butt in the air.
- She was wearing a skirt at the time. The whole thing might have been slightly less tragic (and less hilarious!) had Hannaford not been wearing a dress at the time, which came up over her head when she fell and showed off her underwear. Thankfully she was wearing some!
- Hannaford herself sees the funny side of the situation. While she was initially embarrassed, she now thinks the whole thing was a bit of a laugh. “I’m not sporty at all, but [my daughter] kept begging me. In the end I agreed to the race – I knew I’d come last,” she said. “I just tripped over my own feet – I think my body was just moving too fast for my legs! I’m so clumsy, I’m always falling over. I was humiliated at the time, but it is what it is! I flashed my underwear which is obviously embarrassing but you just have to own it. Looking back, it’s hilarious – definitely the funniest thing I’ve ever done in my life!”
- Video of the incident has since gone viral. Hannaford even shared a clip of the fall on her own Facebook page, showing just what a great sense of humor she has. Something tells me she may think twice before participating in another school race, or she’ll at least wear jeans next time!