I feel like it’s tough to compete with the deliciousness of the original Mountain Dew. I love all the flavors they release but none of them have ever taken the place of the original in my book. However, I may have to eat my words now that they’re releasing an Atomic Blue soda that is probably going to become THE drink of Summer 2020.
- This is a sure thing. While there have been rumors of new flavors of beloved products that never actually come to fruition, Mountain Dew Atomic Blue is actually listed on the PepsiCo website, so I feel like it’s safe to assume this is really happening.
- It’s made with “electrifying lemonade flavor.” I don’t really know what that means but I’m into it anyway. I love lemonade, I love Mountain Dew, and combining the two sounds awesome. I’m not sure why it’s blue instead of the fluorescent yellow of lemonade, but again, going with it!
- This might be fountain only. Frankly, I’m a bigger fan of fountain soda than I am bottled/canned soda since I feel like it just tastes so much better. I’ll literally hit up a 7-Eleven on the daily for a Big Gulp of Diet Coke even if I have a can in the fridge simply because I prefer the taste. That’s why it doesn’t bother me that Mountain Dew Atomic Blue will likely be fountain only like Sweet Lightning, Delish reports.
- It will make a pretty sweet treat in the warmer weather. No pun intended given that there are 24 grams of sugar in a 12 oz. serving of Mountain Dew Atomic Blue. However, there are only 90 calories and if you’re only drinking it sparingly, it’s a nice treat, especially when the weather gets warmer again (and it will, I promise, even though it seems like winter is going to last forever).
- No word on when it will hit stores, unfortunately. I guess we’ll just have to keep our eyes peeled!