What screams fairytale than dim lights, popcorn in hand and both of you cuddled up on the couch watching a great movie? Watching a good movie together with your boyfriend might be one of the best out-of-the-bedroom moves that will get your love life pumped up. Here’s a curated list of the best movies you should see with your boyfriend, on your next movie date night.
- Titanic This movie will always be a classic and a top choice for that intimate moment with your boyfriend. The Jack and Rose love duo will get both of you feeling mushy all over. The movie tells the forbidden love story between Jack and Rose and how death ruined a perfect love story. If you don’t mind bawling against your boyfriend’s chest, then go for this pick. This movie screams forever in the best way possible.
- Friends with Benefit Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis brought their A-game to this 2011 romantic comedy flick. This movie is sure to get you laughing with its funny dialogue and scenes. There’s also a great chance you will get freaky with the sex scenes and try out a steamy couch session while the movie plays. This is one of the best movies to watch with your boyfriend because it’s not your classic chick flick.
- Crazy Rich Asians This movie screams laughter, love, and class with every scene. It follows the relationship between an extremely rich heir; Nick Young and his simple girlfriend, Rachel Chu. Rachel has to overcome the objection of his family and stick to the love of her life despite his mother’s devious schemes. This movie once more unveils the power of love and its ability to cut across tribe, status, and fame.
- Fast and Furious The movies from this series are great to watch with your boyfriend because of the action and speed. The storyline is centered on a group of awesome people who have to battle the challenges in their life with their super car-racing speed. It has the perfect combination of action, mystery, and romance. This is definitely a plus if your man loves cars!
- Midnight Sun Grab your tissues and get ready to be clingy. This 2018 romantic flick will get your heart runny like melted chocolate. A 17-year-old girl named Katie Price has a rare condition that predisposes her to get killed in the sun and has to stay indoors. When she ventures out one night and meets her childhood crush; Charlie; a budding love story takes place and changes everything about her life.
- The Sound of Music One of the more classic movies on the list to watch with your boyfriend but also one of the best. There is nothing as spectacular as trying a little bit of the oldies with your guy. The sound of music is an excellent choice to start with. It tells the beautiful love story of a widower and his vibrant, funny governess; Maria, who is also a nun. When Maria brings her bubbly personality and music into the home; the rigid captain is suddenly starting to fall for her. This movie has a lot to teach about family, trust, and new beginnings. Who says you both won’t end up singing DO-RE-MI cuddled up?
More movies to watch with your boyfriend that he won’t actually hate
- Pirates of the Caribbean The best part of this movie is Johnny Depp’s electrifying performance (that is if you can stomach him anymore). This movie sends you on a fantasy adventure to the high seas and opens you up to many pirate encounters. It combines humor, actions, swordplay, and the right touch of romance to keep you glued to the screen. Of all the movies on this list, your boyfriend will probably want to watch this one first.
- A Quiet Place Are you a couple that enjoys mystery action thrillers that get you panting through the scene? This 2018 thriller might just be the movie you need. It tells the story of a family that survives monsters who hunt at the slightest sound. This movie will get you gasping in horror at some point and burrowing into your boyfriend’s sweatshirt. How sweet!
- The Kissing Booth What happens when you have a childhood pact with your best friend to never date his extremely gorgeous older brother and he’s just the guy you want? This movie tells the love story of Elle and Noah who have to keep their love life a secret from their families. This movie is the perfect combination of friendship, romance, humor, and the perfect splash of sex. This is the love story you both are waiting for.
- Me Before You William Traynor had an accident that left him paralyzed from the neck down. When Lou Clark joins his family as a companion; the stage is set for the most amazing short-lived love story ever. This movie will get you crying ugly and clinging to your boyfriend for comfort. It teaches you that life is short and you should never miss out on sharing your life with someone you love. If your boyfriend is a secret softy, this is one of the most heartwarming movies to watch together.
- Shrek An unconventional choice, perhaps, but one of the most hilarious movies to watch with your boyfriend possible. Who says you can’t bond over a hilarious animation? Shrek tells the story of an Ogre who rescues a princess from a dragon-guided tower and delivers her to the prince who is set to marry her. However, before marriage, he realized how much he loved her and gate-crashed into the wedding venue to claim her. It’s a great movie that promises romance, laughter, and great lessons on the beauty of true love.
- Pretty Woman This classic 1990 romantic comedy flick tells an unusual love story between suave businessman Edwards and Vivian, a prostitute he hired for public functions. Trouble brews when he realizes he’s falling for the witty, charming woman. This movie will get you anticipating the end and can be a learning curve for both of you. While you wouldn’t think this falls in the category of movies your boyfriend would want to watch, you (and he) might be surprised at how much he ends up loving it.
Now you have a long list of great movies to watch with your boyfriend, grab some popcorn, and snuggle up on the couch with your boo for a great bonding experience.