Multi-dating is exactly what it sounds like: dating multiple people at once. It might sound exhausting or even a little scary, but here’s why you should try it.
- You’ll never get too invested in one guy. If you’re dating multiple people at once, you’ll never get too invested in any one guy. This means that when you inevitably get ghosted by a guy you’ve gone on a few dates with and actually liked, it won’t hurt so bad. Why? Because you already have a date lined up with someone else this weekend and two more the next week. Sure, you liked him, but you also like Chad, Andrew, and Jake. No big deal.
- You’ll seem in-demand. You’ll have a full schedule of dates, so guys will see that they have to step up their game to get you to go out with them. They’ll have to ask you on real dates—Netflix and chill? Sorry, Ben’s taking me to the big game tonight!—and make plans in advance. If guys are willing to do this, it shows that they’re serious about dating you. Plus, you automatically show your worth.
- You’ll be crazy-busy. It will take the anxiety and stress out of dating because you won’t have to constantly worry whether or not the date went well or if he likes you. You’ll be too busy to worry about it! Plus, being busy makes you look popular, confident, and wanted—all good things when trying to attract a guy.
- You won’t go without sex if you don’t want to. If you want to get laid, it should be fairly easy if you’re dating multiple guys at once. Of course, if you don’t want to do it, that’s totally fine too. Go ahead and wait until you find a guy you want to settle down with. If you’re in the mood and your date tonight is game, go ahead and get some, girl! No need to deprive yourself just because you’re dating a lot of guys at once. You aren’t locked down.
- It’s fun! Dating should be fun. You’re supposed to be going on fun dates, getting to know interesting people, learning about yourself, and trying to find someone you’re compatible with. Use this time to have fun and get to know people. Don’t put pressure on yourself or them. Just relax and go with the process. Multi-dating can be fun as long as you go into it with the right attitude.
- It’s what men do. Men date multiple women all the time. The reason you aren’t seeing him every weekend is probably that he has other dates lined up, so why shouldn’t you? Instead of getting hung up on one guy that’s most likely seeing multiple women, try seeing multiple men! Why should dudes get to have all the fun!?
- You’ll learn a lot. You’ll get to know a lot of people, places, and situations quickly. You’ll learn to settle your nerves faster. You’ll figure out really fast what you like about a guy and what you don’t. You’ll immediately know a red flag when you see it. You’ll learn what you want and what you don’t want out of relationships and out of life. You’ll learn what kind of people you’re attracted to and what kind of people you attract. You’ll figure out what things you do that turn guys off and what things you do that men like. You may even learn that you have some things to work on before you settle down.
- You’ll never settle. Since you have more dates lined up, there’s always hope for the next one to be better. If you have a lot of dating experience and you’ve learned a lot about yourself, you’ll learn what you really, truly want out of a relationship. Once you know that, you’re set to find someone you can really make a life with. Since you’re dating multiple people, you’ll always have comparisons. You know you don’t have to settle for someone who doesn’t make you feel like a princess or someone you just don’t have chemistry with. In the end, the point of dating is to find someone to settle down with, right? This is how you’re going to do it! Now get out there and multi-date!