Playing with your food might be frowned upon, especially when you’re an adult, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t still do it. Food should be fun and you should enjoy both preparing it and eating it. That’s why making mushroom skulls is such a genius idea – it creates something spooky and silly out of an otherwise mundane vegetable (yes, it’s a fungi, but we don’t have to be technical here). Not only that, but it’s super easy to do!
These are great for Halloween. Sure, Halloween comes but once a year, but when it does, you want to go all out. The weather is cold, you want to have something cozy and delicious to eat, and that’s where soups and stews and other comfort foods come in. Why not have some mushroom skulls to make whatever you’re eating super seasonal? It’s perfect!
Of course, mushroom skulls are great at any time of year. Maybe you don’t want to wait for Halloween to make these, and why should you? Plenty of people love skulls and think they’re cool, so there’s no reason you can’t make them now. I certainly won’t stop you!
White button mushrooms are the best ones to use. That’s because you have more cap to work with to do your skull carving on. All you need to do is cut the mushroom in half first to get started. Then you can use a straw to cut out little holes for the eyes and then use a small knife or the end of a skewer to make lines for teeth. It literally couldn’t be any simpler.
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
Share this article now!