Tinder isn’t necessarily the dating app of choice for those actually looking for love. However, it is good for organizing a fun date or a quick hookup, so it’s worth it if that’s what you’re after. Natasha Aponte decided she’d had enough of the lying and BS she experienced on Tinder, so she organized the biggest online dating con probably ever.
- Aponte matched with a ton of guys on Tinder. Instead of choosing just one she liked, she messaged all of them and told them all the same thing. As one guy who became a victim of the scheme tweeted, “I message her some random sh*t and we chat for an hour or so and she says ‘here’s my number text me [and] I’m like okay sure thing.” He went on to say that they made small talk for a while before Natasha told him that she had a huge work presentation and asked if she could get back to him in a week or two when she had more free time. This way, they could make a plan to meet.
- She then went off the map for several weeks. At that point, she messaged all the guys she’d put on hold for a while and asked them if they wanted to met up in Union Square in New York to get a drink and watch some DJ perform. However, when the guys turned up, they realized it wasn’t a one-on-one date at all.
- One of the guys felt a little weird about it. The previous tweeter continued by saying he had his reservations about Natasha Aponte since her Instagram describes her as a “singer, actress, model” and she had 3,000 followers> However, he decided to go for it. “I make my way to Union Square. Eat a hot dog and look over by this open lot by 17th Ave and there is a stage and a DJ and about 100 ppl and cameras and shit and I think well this is some random ass Manhattan sh*t,” he wrote. Natasha texted him that she was running late but asked to meet by the stage. That’s when things got really weird.
- Natasha then got on stage and addressed her mass of Tinder guys. Apparently, she gave a “Hunger Games”-esque speech about what it would take to date her. However, what’s even weirder was that many guys actually stayed after that.
- Natasha Aponte achieved “the top 10 greatest finesse of all time.” Given how much women get played on these apps, it must have felt nice to give guys a taste of their own medicine. And besides, it was only a bit of fun and no one got hurt, right?