If you haven’t already watched Dead to Me, what are you waiting for? The first season of the Netflix dark comedy, which stars Christina Applegate and Linda Cardinelli, was one of the funniest, most intense shows of last year and I can’t wait for new episodes. Thankfully, Netflix released the Dead to Me Season 2 trailer and it promises to be just as good if not better than what came before.
- Jen and Judy are in some deep doo-doo. If you can’t remember how Season 1 ended, allow me to refresh your memory: Jen found out Judy was involved in her husband’s death and by season’s end, Jen kills Judy’s boyfriend, Steve, after he busts in on Jen looking for Judy and refusing to leave. Now they’ll have to deal with the aftermath.
- They’ll need to cover up a serious crime. While Jen and Judy were once thick as thieves, the revelation about Judy’s involvement in Jen’s husband’s death messes that right up. But now that Jen has killed Steve, are they “even”? Perhaps not, but they are bound even more now because they’re the only two who knew what happened – and Dead to Me Season 2 is all about Jen trying to keep it that way.
- The official synopsis sounds SO GOOD. “Picking up in the aftermath of that bloody backyard reveal, the irrepressible pair once again struggles to keep their secrets buried. With a surprising new visitor in town and Detective Perez hot on their heels, Jen and Judy take drastic measures to protect their loved ones and each other — no matter the cost.” I mean, if that’s not amazing, I don’t know what is. What could “drastic measures” mean? Killing more people? I have a feeling that might be the case!
- There will be 10 more episodes this season. Season 1 consisted of 10 episodes and thankfully Season 2 is following suit. I’ll take as much Dead to Me as I can get, to be honest.
- Unfortunately, there’s still nearly another month to wait. Sadly, Netflix won’t release Dead to Me Season 2 until May 8, so we only have the trailer to tide us over until then. We’ll have to try to be patient, I guess. Hey, at least there’s time to re-watch Season 1 in the meantime.