Nicki Minaj’s sex offender husband, Kenneth ‘Zoo’ Petty, has been sentenced after he filmed himself threatening Cardi B’s husband and Migos member Offset. While Cardi and Nicki have been at each other’s throats for years, their respective partners have recently decided to get involved, and it seems Petty took things one step too far.
- Petty went on Instagram Live to make some pretty outrageous threats against Offset. In the video, the 45-year-old stands outside what’s believed to be Offset’s hotel room in NYC at about 4 a.m. with a few of his friends. Then he starts spouting off at the mouth about everything he’s going to do to him.
- Petty basically threatened to kill the rapper. In the video, which was filmed on September 15 and began making the rounds on social media the following day, Petty tells Offset he’ll be dead soon. “Plan that vacation, you gonna be planning your funeral p***y! We out here to talk, right? Let’s talk, but you know we ain’t talking, though,” Petty says.
- Offset had the best response to Petty’s threats. While he could have clapped back and made his own violent threats, Offset went in a different direction. The following day, he put up a video of himself stepping off his private jet and laughed at Petty and his friends being desperate enough to hang out outside of his hotel.
- The Central District of California Court was quick to react. They put Petty on 120 days of house arrest, during which time he’ll have to wear an ankle monitor. Of course, this might not have been the case if it wasn’t for Petty’s lengthy rapsheet.
- Kenneth Petty is a seasoned criminal. Lest we forget, he served 11 years behind bars for the first-degree attempted rape of a 16-year-old girl in 1995 and for manslaughter in 2002. He then got put on three years of probation in July 2022 since he failed to register as a sex offender in California in 2020. This is the stand-up guy Nicki Minaj thought would make a great husband as well as a great father to their now-3-year-old son.
Kenneth Petty pretending to have an issue with Offset because Nicki Minaj can’t control her obsession with Cardi B. pic.twitter.com/pEgihjAZ9y
— For Your Situational Awareness: (@darklikeknight_) September 16, 2023
An LA federal judge has ordered Nicki Minaj's husband, Kenneth Petty, to serve "up to" 120 days on home detention for "making threatening remarks toward a specific individual while in the company of someone with a criminal record."
The individual is Offset, Cardi B's husband. pic.twitter.com/5sWU3JLtyw
— Meghann Cuniff (@meghanncuniff) September 21, 2023