If we weren’t nearly into the second week of August, I might start to think this was an April Fools’ Day Joke, but this product is very real. We all know that autumn is all about all things pumpkin spice, but I can fully admit that the very last thing I expected was Cup Noodles Pumpkin Spice flavor. Nissin makes some damn good (and speedy!) noodle dishes, but taking the classic fall favorite and turning it into a soup seems like a pretty tall order. They went for it, though, and I have to say I’m intrigued!
- Cup Noodles Pumpkin Spice is a celebration, of sorts. Nissin’s Cup Noodles is celebrating its 50th anniversary, so bringing out Pumpkin Spice noodles in time for the party (in your mouth!) seems like perfect timing.
- They’re a little saucier than most Cup Noodles. Whereas the standard flavors are more soup with noodles than noodle dishes on their own, the Pumpkin Spice variety veers towards a little more pasta-y, if that makes sense. You just add some water and microwave it for four minutes and voila! You’ve got a fall-inspired meal or snack that you definitely won’t forget.
- Nissin insists it’s really good. While unexpected, the flavor combo really works, Nissin says. “After 50 years of noodle innovation, what better time to release our most unexpected flavor to date with pumpkin spice, and trust me it really is that good,” said Jaclyn Park, vice president, marketing, Nissin Foods USA, in a press release. “Product innovation is at the core of the Cup Noodles brand and we are excited to launch our first-ever limited-edition flavor that is sure to cause a stir. You just have to try it!”
- They even recommend you top it with whipped cream! Yes, really. This will apparently give you the full pumpkin spice experience you’re (probably) looking for from the flavor. Hey, if you’re going to go for it, you might as well go all the way.
- The limited-edition Cup Noodles Pumpkin Spice will be sold exclusively at Walmart. It’ll be available in stores nationwide in late October 2021, so keep your eyes peeled!