If you’ve ever felt self-conscious about having a sizeable derriere, no need. Not only does a little “junk in the trunk” look aesthetically appealing to many (despite the poor phrasing), but now there’s something else to celebrate. Turns out, women with big butts are smarter and healthier than the rest, according to a new study out of the prestigious University of Oxford.
After studying data from over 16,000 women, it was determined that women with some extra padding in the back tend to have lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels, meaning they’re way less likely to suffer from serious health conditions such a diabetes and heart disease. Not only that, but these women also naturally produce higher levels of Omega 3 fatty acids, which aids in brain function. Plus, if all that wasn’t enough, these women also have high levels of the hormone dinopectina, another anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetes helper.
This is good news all-around and further proves that weight isn’t necessarily an indicator of good health. While excess fat around the stomach area carries higher risk of cardiovascular diseases and obesity-related health complications, it has the exact opposite effect when it’s below the waist, and that’s encouraging — especially for those of us carrying a bit more weight there.
Sponsored: The best dating/relationships advice on the web. Check out Relationship Hero a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
Share this article now!