When you’re struggling, it can be tempting to think that you’re the only one who can’t keep it together. However, that’s simply not the case. Trust me when I say that no one’s life is perfect — they just do a good job of looking like they do. Besides, what does “perfect” look like, anyway? It’s totally fine if you feel like you’re lost at the moment — it’s all about making it work for you.
- Stop being jealous. If you stop looking at other women and wishing you had what they had or were them, then you can appreciate where you are at right now. There’s no reason you can’t have everything you want, but jealousy is not how to get there.
- Embrace the crappy bits. So, maybe things aren’t exactly how you envisioned and maybe they even kind of blow, but “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” isn’t just a stupid cliché — it’s true.
- Spend more time just doing you. You won’t ever move beyond where you are right now if you keep focusing on other people. You need to focus on you, what you want for your life and how to get there without going insane.
- Have fun. Just because you feel like you have no idea where you’re at in your life does not mean you can’t enjoy every single confusing second. Don’t take a day of your life for granted, because you never know what’s just around the corner, for better or worse.
- Quit obsessing about it. You can’t control everything. No matter how hard you try, stuff happens that’s beyond your reach and it messes stuff up and forces you to reassess. If you believe in fate or a higher power, then you can chalk this up to divine intervention. If not, just recognize that life gets weird sometimes.
- Don’t stop doing what you love. So, maybe what you love to do isn’t going to pay the bills or be your career. That doesn’t mean you need to give it up. Life is empty without passion so stay passionate.
- Remember it’s your life. Maybe you feel lost because you’ve been following someone else’s dream for you. Or perhaps you’re trying to live up to certain expectations that you don’t care for. At the end of the day, it’s just you and your thoughts, so make sure you’re being true to yourself.
- Don’t let people bring you down. Stop spending time with people that are making you feel like your path isn’t right. If you already feel lost, these kinds of people will just depress you. Plus, their opinion doesn’t matter.
- Let change happen. If you endlessly fight change, you may miss out on the very thing that helps you see the light.