It’s crazy to think that it was all the way back in 2010 that the world was gifted with One Direction for the very first time. The boy band, which came together on the British singing competition series The X Factor, blessed us with some damn good songs over the years before deciding to disband temporarily to work on solo projects. However, now it seems like they may be planning a One Direction reunion just in time for the band’s 10th anniversary.
Here’s what we know about it so far.
- This has been in the works for a while now. On April 13, Page Six claimed that One Direction had been working on plans for a reunion for a while now, and they’d been brainstorming a few different ideas from a TV show to a new single. Who knows what they’ll choose?
- Unfortunately, there’s not likely to be a tour. While 1D members Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Louis Thomlinson are all game for commemorating the band’s anniversary, you probably shouldn’t expect to be able to see them on stage together again since they’re not going to tour as a group. Sad!
- Everyone seems to be on good terms again… As you may or may not remember, Zayn Malik’s departure from the group left a sour taste in the rest of 1D’s mouths and it seems like they were at odds. However, Buzzfeed noticed that all the boys are following Zayn again on social media, which is a positive sign when it comes to a possible One Direction reunion, right? However, it’s worth noting that Zayn hasn’t actually followed any of them back…
- Liam admitted that the 10th anniversary had been on their minds. In an interview with The Sun, Liam mentioned that all the boys had gotten back in touch recently and had been talking about the upcoming anniversary, which can only be a good thing. “We’ve got a 10 year anniversary coming up, so we’ve all been speaking together a lot over the last few weeks which has been really nice,” he said. “There’s a number of different things that we are all working on to try and make happen and people are forwarding emails around.”
- I think we’ll all take what we can get, right? It doesn’t matter if it’s a new one-off song, a living room concert, or anything else — whatever form a One Direction reunion takes, I’m pretty sure fans will eat it up.