Dating is supposed to be fun, and it can be if you’re doing it right. While many people are looking for long-term relationships with the people they date, that’s certainly not the case for everyone and that’s fine. If you’re not out for a serious commitment, it’s worth trying these 7 things to enhance your dating experience.
- Have a holiday romance. When you get romantically involved with someone on vacation, you pretty much know from the beginning that it’s never going to last past your return flight home, especially if you happen to be visiting a foreign country. If you’re not looking for something long-term anyway, that’s actually a positive. Try hooking up with a local when you’re on vacation and you just might have the time of your life. Either go home with that hot guy you meet at the bar or even head online to see what the local options are. You might be pleasantly surprised.
- Go out with someone who’s “just looking to have fun.” While going out with someone who “just wants to have fun” isn’t worth it if you’re trying to form a lasting connection, they’re actually the perfect option for those looking to keep it casual (or at least less serious). After all, you want to have fun too, right?
- Avoid guys with boyfriend potential. Guys with boyfriend material are great… for women who actually want a boyfriend. If you don’t, you should steer clear of these guys and let them roam free to find women who are on the same page as them. There are plenty of other dudes out there who will want the same things you do, especially if you use dating apps or sites as your primary place to look for eligible bachelors.
- Try Adult Friend Finder. There are a million and one dating apps out there and pretty much all are the same… except for Adult Friend Finder. The adult social network is a great place to meet people who are in the same position as you: they want to have fun and connect with people they have chemistry with (sexual or otherwise), just not long-term or very seriously. If this sounds like you, you need to try it.
- Sleep with someone you’re attracted to but would never date long-term. Just because you’re not looking for a serious relationship doesn’t necessarily mean that you want to sleep around, and that’s fine. However, if you want to get your sexual needs met without having to worry about all the messy drama that comes later, hooking up with someone whose clothes you want to rip off but with whom you could never see yourself long-term could be the answer.
- Change your perspective on dating in general. If you’re not looking for something long-term, you’ll have to shift your focus a bit when it comes to romance? It’s not like you’re missing out on anything by not being in a long-term relationship—all the guys you could want will still be there if you suddenly change your mind, and it’s worth it to appreciate the benefits of being officially unattached every now and then. If you get a little frustrated, you could always head back to Adult Friend Finder to relieve your stress, so to speak.