Every once in a while, you’ll come across a guy who’s a complete and utter a-hole. His behavior is so gross and unacceptable that you’re shocked that he could ever consider himself to be a decent person. Honestly, guys like these need to be put in their place — here’s why:
- Some guys legitimately don’t understand what they’re doing wrong. Believe it or not, some guys actually don’t recognize what they’re doing wrong when they’re talking to women. By giving them a heads up, you can help them change for the better.
- Some only do crappy things because no one calls them out on it. We’ve all met guys who like to push the envelope, or likes to make people uncomfortable on purpose. They’re the ones who take advantage of other people’s good manners, knowing what they’re doing is wrong. By telling them that you know what they’re doing, they’ll think twice about behaving badly around you.
- It shows that you’re a no-nonsense woman. There’s a profoundly awesome amount of respect a no-nonsense woman receives from both men and women. People will treat you better when they see that you won’t put up with their crap, and you’ll treat yourself better as a result.
- You’ll feel better about the situation. It may feel awkward at first, but looking back, you’ll end up feeling like a total badass when you think about how you called people out on their crap. It’s a good way to make yourself feel more confident, and also make yourself an emotionally stronger person at the same time.
- The more you tell people when something isn’t okay, the more likely they are to fix it. The more you work to show others that certain behaviors aren’t right, the less likely it is that those behaviors will be commonplace. By doing your part to put people on blast, you’re showing them that they can’t get away with that behavior in mainstream society. If they have it happen often enough, they’ll learn not to do that for their own good.
- In all honesty, you know you probably want to tell them off, too. Sometimes, you might feel as if you want to give the guy who’s being a jerk a piece of your mind. There’s nothing wrong with that — it’s a normal reaction if someone is insanely rude, and in fact, it’s a healthy one. Putting people on full blast when they behave inappropriately can be something that improves the situation for all parties involved.
- Other people who aren’t as brave will thank you — especially if you’re standing up for them. A lot of people who should be standing up for themselves are too scared to do so, or are just nice to the point of their own detriment. They might even be looking at you, hoping you’ll say something. If you see something like this happening, do the right thing and stand up for the other person. You’ll find, more often than not, that they’ll thank you profusely for it.