Not long ago, Pillsbury offered us a wonderful gift: they announced a move to ensure all of their cookie dough can safely be eaten raw as well as cooked. Well, now they’ve gone and upped the ante again by releasing a Strawberry Cheesecake cookie dough that literally has no chance of making it as far of my oven before it’s devoured.
- I mean, I guess it would be easy enough to bake. Making Pillsbury’s Strawberry Cheesecake cookies works just like any other flavor: break off the pre-cut pieces, place them on a baking tray, and pop them in a pre-heated oven for 15-ish minutes. Who has time to wait?! I’m hungry NOW!
- Strawberry Cheesecake cookies have been around before. Pillsbury previously released them as a limited edition flavor and now they’re back, though who knows for how long. Frankly, I think the dough, which is cheesecake flavored with little strawberry bits mixed into it, should be a permanent fixture, but I don’t make the rules here!
- You only get 12 pieces here, sadly. While most of Pillsbury’s cookie doughs come with 24 pieces to make two dozen cookies, these only come with 12. The package isn’t smaller, the cookies you would theoretically make with them are just way bigger. This would be a good thing if, as I said, they had any chance of actually making it to the oven to be baked.
- Strawberry cheesecake is basically the most perfect flavor. Cheesecake is a delicious dessert, and putting it into cookie form is just genius. Pillsbury knows what they’re doing here, and the addition of strawberry just gives a bit of sharpness to the creaminess of the cheesecake and oh man, I’m getting hungry just typing all this.
- Pillsbury’s Strawberry Cheesecake cookie dough is out now, so get shopping. The next time you head out for groceries, make sure you head down the cooler aisle to see if you can find this. Of course, that depends if you live near me, in which case you don’t have a chance since I will have bought every last package the store has in stock. (Thanks for the heads up, @candyhunting!)