A former Playboy bunny admits that she aborted Hugh Hefner’s “devil child” after he got her pregnant when she was only 19. Karissa Shannon, who moved into the mansion with her twin sister Kristina, said she never told Hefner, who was 83 when he impregnated her, about the pregnancy or the abortion and she never even entertained the idea of keeping it.
View this post on Instagram
- Karissa only found out about the pregnancy by chance. Hefner was paying for her to have breast enlargement surgery in 2009 and had to undergo routine blood testing before the surgery. She was shocked to learn she was pregnant when the results came back.
- The child could only have been Hefner’s. As she told the Sunday Mirror, Karissa was only sleeping with Hefner at the time so it was definitely his. “I wasn’t having sex with anyone else so it only could have been his baby. I just wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible,” she recalled. “I didn’t want Hef to find out and he never did.”
- She felt like she was “carrying the devil’s child.” While Karissa had sex with him, that didn’t mean she wanted to parent his child, especially when she was essentially just a child herself. “I was disgusted with my body and felt like there was an alien inside my stomach. It was like the devil was inside of me. I didn’t want anyone to know I was carrying an 83-year-old man’s child,” she revealed.
- Her twin sister Kristina helped her get the abortion. “I found a clinic in LA. I got Hef’s security to drop us at the mall, pretending we were going shopping, then called my friend to pick us up. We were able to keep it secret,” Kristina remembered. They did not share what they believed Hefner’s response would have been had he found out about the pregnancy.
- Both sisters felt manipulated into having sex with Hefner. They say that they first slept with Hefner on their 19th birthday and claimed that they were pressured into unprotected group sex and given a lot of alcohol and booze to loosen them up. They say their experience with Hefner left them with depression and PTSD and they needed extensive therapy to recover.
- They weren’t sad when Hefner died in 2017. “When Hef died, part of us did feel sad, but another part was like, ‘OK good, no more girls are going to be groomed and ruined like we were.’ I thought Playboy was one big family – now I can see it was a cult,” Kristina said. “Hef acted like he owned you. If we broke his rules, six guards would drag us to our room and not let us leave. Hef called it ‘HMF arrest,’ after his initials. He preyed on vulnerable young girls like us. He would offer you the world, then keep you trapped in his house, which was like a golden prison.”
- Kristina and Karissa plan to sue Playboy for emotional distress. The twins, now 32, are still suffering from their time in the mansion and want to be compensated for it. As Kristina explained: “We were Playmates, employed, and everything happened at the mansion, so we want to go after them. We are speaking out because we want people to know who he truly was and what was going on behind closed doors.”
View this post on Instagram