A Florida police officer was arrested after he flung a McDonald’s cheeseburger at his wife during a heated argument. Andres Perez, 34 an officer with the Miami-Dade Police Department, was taken into custody in Miramar, around 25 miles north, according to documents obtained by The Smoking Gun.
- The incident didn’t happen at McDonald’s. Instead, it seems like the couple hit up the drive-thru and brought their fast food home. There, they fought verbally before Perez turned things physical.
- The right was over “financial and infidelity issues.” According to the arrest affidavit, Perez was “irate” during the argument and eventually “stormed into the kitchen in [his wife’s] direction throwing a McDonald’s cheeseburger at her.”
- The cheeseburger throwing wasn’t the most egregious crime. Perez’s wife told police that after she was pelted with fast food, her husband then hit her with a closed fist “to the right side of head behind ear.”
- Andres Perez and his wife have been together for eight years and married for three. It’s unclear whether or not this is the first domestic incident at the address. However, this one was serious enough to get Perez arrested.
- Perez was booked into the Broward County jail. He was charged with misdemeanor battery and had his mugshot taken. He bonded out the following day.