Post Malone seems to be a man of many talents and passions. In addition to releasing some pretty damn good music, he’s also got his own wine range and now he’s filed a trademark to start his own world beer pong league which, if approved, would be pretty epic.
- The trademark is on “World Pong League.” According to TMZ, it’s believed that the title would be used for Post Malone to host branded beer pong tournaments and competitions plus some “exhibitions” as well.
- Post Malone might release some beer pong merch too. If approved, the trademark would allow Posty to release copyrighted merch like balls, game tables, cups, glassware, cup racks, and even clothing with the logo on it. Basically, he stands to make a ton of cash on this.
- He’s very passionate about beer pong. In case you missed it, Post Malone got together with rapper Mike Stud to host a virtual beer pong competition during lockdown called The Ballina Cup. The event went over extremely well, which may have sparked the idea for something a bit more official.
- His wine’s doing really well, so why not expand? TMZ reports that Maison No. 9, Post Malone’s own wine, sold 50,000 bottles online in the first two days it was released, clearing out stock and totally selling out. In fact, fans were so keen to get their hands on bottles that the platform selling the wine crashed the morning it was released. That should make expanding into the beer pong arena a bit easier!
- Who doesn’t love a bit of beer pong? Sure, it’s a bit of a collegiate drinking game, but it’s also a lot of fun regardless of your age (over 18 or 21 depending on where you live, of course). Something tells me plenty of people will be behind the league if it gets off the ground!