High school might be over, but there will always be mean girls, good looks can still help you get ahead, and your sex life is as important as ever. Your acne may have faded and braces are a thing of the past, but when it comes to inexperienced teenage you and the grown sex goddess you are now, some things never change…
- You still care what people think. Despite what they might say, most people will still judge you as a person by your sex life. Don’t have sex? You’re a prude. Have too much? You’re promiscuous. Those stigmas are still there, and at this rate, they always will be. You know it shouldn’t matter, but it does.
- It’s a big step in any serious relationship. When you’re serious about a guy, sex is a pretty damn big deal. For some people sex is casual, for others it’s pretty damn important — but either way, it’s a huge part of a relationship, especially a monogamous one. Back in your high school days, it might have been a way to seal the deal on your relationship, and that can still ring true today.
- Sex still makes heartbreak even more painful. Having sex always makes a relationship feel more serious. After the initial breakup, you have regrets. You think about the time you wasted, the neglect you justified and finally, the allowance you gave him between the sheets. In the end, you realize he wasn’t good enough for you, and certainly not good enough for your bed.
- Girls still use it as a weapon. Some women use their sexuality for power and control. They use sex as a reward and a punishment. Men aren’t entitled to your body, but they also shouldn’t be trained like puppies with positive and negative reinforcement.
- Boys who cheat become men who cheat. The real world is supposed to be full of mature adults, so why the hell are grown men still cheating? You think they’d all grow out of that BS behavior once they’re finally done with puberty, but alas, some boys never learn their lesson.
- There’s always a risk. You may no longer be afraid of your parents catching you, but you still have to be afraid of catching something else. STDs are still a pretty damn big deal and the chance of getting pregnant isn’t going away any time soon. You might be in a more stable situation now, but unless you’re actually trying, no woman is ready for that unexpected and major life change.
- You still love the thrill of almost getting caught. That’s why you don’t just do it in your car, but have fantasies of the mile high club, unoccupied dressing rooms and the bathroom at an upscale party. Maybe your fantasies stay unfulfilled, but you still have them because the thrill is in the danger.
- Virgins are still crucified. If you didn’t get enough flack for being a virgin in high school, you’re definitely feeling the pressure as an adult virgin. You’ve got an incredibly full and accomplished life, but somehow the fact that you take sex seriously is a downfall. Despite what others might say, your dedication to your purity is strength, not weakness.