Single women can be one of two types: blissfully free or crazy bitter. Back when you were in love and your world was all rainbows and butterflies, you never thought changing your relationship status on Facebook would change your personality, too. But here you are, feeling alone, and then you realize the truth: you’re becoming the biter single woman you never wanted to be.
- You refuse to date. Your BFF finally met a good guy on Tinder? Who cares. You see absolutely no point in dating when you hate every guy you meet and never have a good time. You’re sick of the disappointments and believe that’s all there is, so you’ve said goodbye to dating forever.
- You don’t believe in love anymore. It’s basically a lie, as far as you’re concerned. It’s been so long since you loved someone and were loved back that you can’t imagine it ever happening again. You don’t even hate-watch rom-coms because the end-of-the-movie kisses and happiness are too much to handle.
- You insult your BFFs. You love them, of course, but you can’t help but rag on them when they tell you about their latest crappy date. “You always go on bad dates,” you tell them, and make them feel super bad. Oops.
- No one tells you anything anymore. You’re so far down the rabbit hole, your friends can’t get to you anymore, and they’ve stopped giving you the play-by-play on their love lives. If you want to know something, you have to ask, because they’re not offering it up anymore. That’s when you truly know you’ve become super bitter.
- Everything annoys you. Couples laughing on the subway, your coworker who wants to set you up, when you have a busy work week. Literally everything. It’s like the world is conspiring against you to make sure you have the worst life ever.
- You think happy couples are a lie. You swear that the couples you know aren’t living happily ever after. You find the fault in every relationship you can think of and practically jump on a friend when she brings up boy problems. You’re desperate to hear that someone could be as miserable as you are.
- You just can’t even with dating apps. You’ve long deleted your Tinder from your phone and your OkCupid account is gathering dust. Before, these were a super cool way to meet people, and now, you can’t believe you were ever that naive. Nothing good happens on dating apps. Just total misery.
- You can’t even enjoy your single life. You know that some single women are truly content and are killing it when it comes to their work lives and friendships. You know this, but you can’t see it for yourself. You’re so unhappy you can’t even see this time as the gift that it is, and that’s really the saddest part of all. Before you lose your mind and your best friends, you might want to stop being so bitter and fast.