He used to be all over you, wanting to hang out 24/7 and always telling you how into you he was. These days, however, something has changed. Is he losing interest? It’s normal to worry that his feelings you for might be reading, but more often than not, this isn’t the case. That being said, it would be stupid to think that it doesn’t happen because it does. If you want to know if your suspicions about his fading affections are true, look for these signs.
- He takes way longer to answer your texts these days, if he answers at all. He used to message you back with an hour or so at most, if not immediately, but these days it can take all day and his responses are filled with one-word answers. Sometimes he doesn’t even answer at all and he never apologizes for it or explains why he ignored you. If he can’t be bothered to message you back, chances are he’s losing interest in the relationship and in you.
- He makes excuses when you want to hang out. You used to get together several times during the week and spending your weekends together was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Not anymore. When you suggest plans like checking out a new restaurant or seeing a band that’s in town that weekend, he always has excuses to get out of it. He’s working late, his brother is visiting, he’s feeling under the weather… You’re starting to get the feeling that he doesn’t want to hang out with you and sadly, you’re probably right.
- He picks fights out of nowhere. Just because he’s picking fights doesn’t necessarily mean he’s losing interest in you, but it’s very possible that’s the case. A guy who really cares about you and your relationship will want to keep things peaceful and will want you to resolve any conflict that comes up quickly. If you notice he picks fights for no reason and it almost seems like he wants to be in an argument with you, there’s a serious problem.
- He never tells you he loves you anymore. Could it be that he’s just taking you for granted because he’s comfortable in your relationship but his feelings haven’t changed? Sure, I guess. But it doesn’t take much effort to say “I love you” and it can be so reassuring. If he never says this anymore — or even worse, he can’t even bring himself to say it back when you say it — chances are he’s losing interest and isn’t feeling it anymore.
- He’s stopped talking about the future. You used to talk about places you’d go and things you’d do in the future together. Maybe you fantasized about your wedding or what your kids would be like or where you wanted to live. These days, there’s none of that. He seems to actively avoid getting into conversations about your future relationship, never initiating or being all that willing to participate when you bring it up. That doesn’t bode well for you as a couple.
- He never initiates sex anymore. This is a serious indication that he’s losing interest. Guys have a pretty high sex drive in general, and while sometimes life gets in the way of our libido, it’s unlikely that your relationship would go from hot and heavy to frigid and non-sexual overnight. If he’s not initiating sex and doesn’t seem interested when you try to put the moves on him, it’s probably over in his mind.
- Or, all you do is have sex – there’s no other connection. You might be tempted to believe that all is well in your relationship if you’re having sex all the time, but this might mean something entirely different. It’s possible that he ups the ante in the bedroom when he’s losing interest in you romantically because the more time you spend between the sheets, the less you’ll spend on real relationship stuff.
- He’s flirting with other women. Ultimately, this is a big no-no whether he swears he’s still interested in you or not. A guy who loves and respects you would never flirt with anyone else in front of your face or behind your back. If this is happening, who cares what he feels? You’re better off walking away now.