We’re strong, smart, independent women with big plans for world domination. We might even get around to following through with them someday… if we can get over our innate laziness. Those of us who find it hard to get motivated to get stuff done will likely relate to these struggles.
- We have a fridge full of groceries but ordering Chinese is so much easier. We hit up Whole Foods a few days ago and have packed our fridges with loads of fresh fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. We’ve bookmarked some healthy recipes on Pinterest and we’re totally going to change our diets… soon. The problem is that we have the local Chinese place saved in our phone and they have our order memorized, so it’s much easier to have chicken chow mein tonight.
- We haven’t used our gym membership since we signed up for it six months ago. We didn’t wait until the new year to decide to get our fitness level up—we marched into the gym mid-year and signed ourselves up for a year contract… and promptly stopped going about a week later. We keep gearing ourselves up to go back, we just always end up getting distracted by Netflix and that aforementioned Chinese food…
- Going out on Friday night sounds great… until Friday night. When our girls ask us on Tuesday morning to hit the bar with them on Friday night, we’re all for it. We imagine what we’ll wear and what songs we’re going to dance to and we can’t wait. Of course, by Friday night, all of that enthusiasm is gone and the idea of having to get off the couch, shower, get dressed and do our hair and makeup is exhausting.
- We only do laundry when we’re out of clean clothes to wear. We don’t realize how long it’s been since we threw a load of laundry in the washing machine until we notice our underwear drawer is empty and we’ve run out of clean socks too. This is even worse if we actually have a washer and dryer in our apartment/house.
- We can’t remember the last time we washed our hair. It was Saturday… no, Monday? Something like that? Dry shampoo is our best friend and we’ve been known to leave washing our hair until it’s basically stuck to our head with grease. Gross but true.
- We love swiping for love but actually going on a date is a whole different story. There’s no end to the hours we’ve wasted on Tinder, Bumble, etc. looking for cute, eligible guys to date. We even exchange messages with a few of them from the comfort of our couch. The trouble is when they actually want to meet up and we realize we’d have to spend several hours shaving before we were even halfway ready to meet up.
- We’ve been known to take a taxi the six blocks to work. And not just when it’s raining either. We say it’s because we were running late or that the sidewalk was a little icy and we didn’t want to slip, but really it’s just that it’s slightly cold out and we prefer door to door service. Sometimes walking is hard, man!
- We’d love a dog but we have a cat since it doesn’t need to be walked. We’d never admit this to anyone else—we claim we don’t have a dog because our landlord wouldn’t allow it or because we wouldn’t want to leave it at home while we went to work, but really it’s because we know dogs need a lot of exercise and play and it all sounds like a bit too much effort for now.
- We regularly vow to be less lazy but it’s just so hard. We know we’re being ridiculous with our laziness and we need to get our act together, and we know we will… eventually. It’s just that every time we think we’re going to start bossing our lives and getting off our butts more often, we hear our couches calling…