You’re only young once, but have you ever thought about the possibility that you might only really be single once? Once you finally find “The One,” you’re forever part of a couple and your single life is left in the dust. While you might be pining for forever, spending a full year being single — not looking for love and definitely not dating — could be the best thing you ever do. Here’s why:
- So you can find out who you really are. If you don’t know yourself, how can anyone else ever really know you? You have the rest of your life to be in a relationship, so make this time about you. Until you find and accept who you are, you won’t be able to accept love from outside sources.
- So you really pare down what you want in love. If you don’t want to waste your time on the wrong guy, you’d better know exactly what you want out of a relationship. In order to get what you want, you have to first know what you’re looking for. So figure out your hopes and dreams for the future before you end up settling for someone who can never bring you true happiness.
- So there’s more to your life than just a relationship. It’s a sad truth that so many women don’t know how to have a life outside of their relationship. They spend 24 hours a day, seven days a week on their relationship and leave little time for anything or anyone else. There’s more to life than just being someone’s girlfriend, so learn how to be your own person with your own hobbies, interests, and kickass career. You’ll be better for it when you finally fall in love.
- So you know how to be independent. It’s 2016, and you don’t need to be dependent on a man. Come on, you’re better than that. You can find your own way in the world and you don’t need a guy to guide you. You can look after yourself just fine. Prove to yourself that you can live independently without any help from anyone.
- So you realize that you’d survive even if you never find love. Forever alone might sound scary, but if you had to, you could do it. It’s a dog eat dog world out, so do you have what it takes? You never know if you could truly be on your own until you try. Once you realize that you could survive solo, you won’t have the fear of the unknown to hold you back.
- So that you learn to believe in your own self-worth. Too many women let men define their self-worth. A woman should never be judged on her relationship status, so don’t let anyone do it to you. You need to know that your life has meaning regardless of whether or not you’re in a relationship.
- So you can cherish your other relationships. Having epic friendships is just as important as finding your happily ever after. Through all of life’s little ups and downs, you need to have an army of women by your side. There will always be things that guys just don’t understand, and for that you need some pretty kickass girlfriends.
- So you’re not afraid of the single life. You’ve done it and you’ve conquered. Knowing that you’re capable of being alone is half the battle. Once you finally realize that you don’t need a guy in your life, only then are you up to the challenge of actually having a relationship. In every bad situation, you need to know that there’s an out — being single is far better than being in a crappy relationship.