You told me you were ready for love, that I could take down my walls and trust you. But I realize now that you were all talk and that you tricked me into believing you wanted more than you actually do. You lied to me, and I got screwed.
- You told me you wanted a relationship. You’re the one who asked me out. You’re the one who wanted to spend time together, get to know each other and start a relationship. I was interested but I wasn’t going to rush into anything fast. You told me you wanted commitment and I believed you. Now you say you’re not sure you even want to do this whole “relationship thing.”
- You made me believe you were ready for love. Not only did you tell me you wanted commitment, but you told me you were in love with me; that you were ready for love and everything that comes with it — the good and bad, the easy and the hard. Now you tell me you aren’t sure if you even really love me… after you tricked me into falling in love with you.
- You told me I could let you in. I believed you, so I did… against my better judgment, I let myself fall for you hard. I took down my walls and I let myself trust you. Now I’m unprotected and you’re changing your mind.
- You had me thinking marriage was on your radar. So we had the relationship and the love, and you started talking long-term. You could see yourself building a life with me. You wanted to marry me because you never wanted to lose me. Then, out of the blue, you tell me don’t even want to get married. Ever.
- You had no question that I was “The One.” You never doubted that I was the one you wanted to be with. You would reassure me all the time and tell me how lucky you were to have met me. Now you don’t want to commit because you’re starting the think I’m not who you want to be with. I can’t help but think you told me all those things just to use me.
- You told me you were done with your party days. I have very high standards when it comes to maturity and responsibility. As a grown ass man, I expect you to have put your party days behind you, learn from your stupid mistakes and make better choices — and that’s how you presented yourself to me. You told me you learned so much over the years and that you know what’s important to you now. Next thing I know, you’re talking about going back to the old you, and I don’t like that.
- You made me a priority then turned the tables. You wanted to see me every night. You wanted to talk to me all the time. You’d call just to say hi. Spending time with me became a priority for you. I enjoyed it, so of course I just went with it. Now you’ve turned the tables and you’re saying I’m the one obsessed with you. I’m the reason you don’t spend time with your friends. It’s my fault you stopped doing some of your hobbies. You made me a priority and I made you one. Now you’re mad at me for it and are treating me like an afterthought.
- You painted a perfect picture of yourself. I understand that nobody is perfect — and I didn’t expect you to be — but you told me and showed me characteristics of yourself that were admirable and that I loved. You tricked me into believing you were this amazing, mature man ready to build an amazing relationship and life together. Now I’m seeing that isn’t true.